How funny is that? Master Knitter, huh? Oh yeah, that’s me. I started on this a long long time ago. In a galaxy far far away…never mind, I digress.
I was so gung-ho in the beginning. I had these romantic fantasies of finishing this project in a month. I did knit most of the swatches in about 2 weeks. Then something happened. At this point, I’m not sure what. Maybe some new yarn came in the mail, or did I buy a new knitting magazine, only to be swept up in the newest patterns? Oh, I might have gone to one of the local yarns stores and bought new yarn for one of said new patterns? Or most likely, I just lost my freakin mind thinking this would get finished in a month. Try years. YEARS! I frankly just forgot about it. All of my pretty little swatches just sitting there all alone. Well, no longer my knitting friends! Out this project has come to be finished in all its knitting glory. I just need some accountability. Keep me on track. As I sit here though, my swatches are just sitting in my knitting bag staring out at me. Scornfully, I might add…
I finally got the Sloping Hem Boatneck Sweater all finished. I changed a few things. The most obvious being that I seamed it wrong side out according to the pattern. I decided that I liked the stockinette side much better with this yarn. It’s Billow by Knit Picks and the texture of it looked funny in reverse stockinette stitch. I had to change my cast on for the sides to 22 stitches. However, I would have been happier if was a tad longer on the sides, so 30 stitches might have been better. I love, love this yarn but not really a fan of it with this pattern. I would have liked it much better with a non textured yarn. I now have a sweater to wear just in time for summer…
This is the unraveled mess that became the Boatneck sweater. I was halfway done with the front when I became a little suspicious. I began muttering that this thing looks waaaay too long. I knew that my row gauge was off. I knew. I cannot deny this fact. I, however, choose to ignore that fact and proceed full speed ahead with the pattern. Well, let me tell you something. I got smart and pinned it together with clips and “holy crap Batman!”, this thing was going to hit at my knees. I want a sweater not a a dress. Commence the frogging of the entire front half of the sweater. Sigh..
(I did proceed to drink 2 pitchers of sangria with Tiffany and Kellee right afterward to take the edge off. It helped. Next time I will listen to those voices in my head telling me this is never going to come out right.)
But the show is back on the road. I have the front done, the back and now I’m on the other shoulder. Should be done very soon if I didn’t have to work lunch tomorrow, go to a graduation for the best girl ever, then celebrate her awesomeness afterward. I’m proud of you my baby girl Sophie.
Back to the pattern. I had to change the cast on for the front and back to 22 stitches. Increase every 6 rows. I made the shoulders 4.5 inched and am kinda winging it on the width. I want a 39 inch bust, which isn’t in the pattern.
I think with this yarn that I like the stockinette stitch side verses the reverse which is the right side in the pattern. I’ll wait till I’m finished before I decide.